Neko's world Index du Forum Neko's world

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher MembresMembres
GroupesGroupes S’enregistrerS’enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion

Religio Medici A Letter To A Friend Christian Morals UrnB

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Neko's world Index du Forum -> Le centre ville -> L'Hopital
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
nealyreon
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 19:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Religio Medici A Letter To A Friend Christian Morals UrnB Répondre en citant

Unlike some other reproductions of classic texts (1) We have not used OCR(Optical Character Recognition), as this leads to bad quality books with introduced typos. (2) In books where there are images such as portraits, maps, sketches etc We have endeavoured to keep the quality of these images, so they represent accurately the original artefact. Although occasionally there may be certain imperfections with these old texts, we feel they deserve to be made available for future generations to enjoy.

Religio Medici, a Letter to a Friend, Christian Morals, Urn-Burial, and Other Papers Thomas Browne
Religio Medici, a Letter to a Friend, Christian Morals, Urn-Burial, and Other Papers book samsung Religio Medici, a Letter to a Friend, Christian Morals, Urn-Burial, and Other Papers free txt

[Footnote 118: Seed.] RReferences electric, adjThat we are the breath and similitude of God, it is indisputable, and upon record of Holy Scripture; but to call ourselves a Microcosm, or little World, I thought it only a pleasant trope of Rhetorick, till my neer judgement and second thoughts told me there was a real truth thereinIndexHad not almost every man suffered by the Press, or were not the tyranny thereof become universal, I had not wanted reason for complaint: but in times wherein I have lived to behold the highest perversion of that excellent invention, the name of his Majesty defamed, the Honour of Parliament depraved, the Writings of both depravedly, anticipatively, counterfeitly imprinted; complaints may seem ridiculous in private persons; and men of my condition may be as incapable of affronts, as hopeless of their reparations‘I had rather believe all the fables in the Legend, and the Talmud, and the Alcoran, than that this universal frame is without a mind: and therefore, God never pWheen O' BooksProfessional sellerBook number: 19002GBP8.00 [Appr.: EURO 9.25 US$ 10.31 JP 1174]Catalogue: Religion Keywords: Religion Add to shopping cart More information Add to shopping cart More information

Miscellaneous A few other items not given separate entries may be mentioned brieflyI always turn to Sir Thomas Browne, far more than to either of Hazlitt’s canonised three, when I want to read what a great man has to tell me about himself: and in this case both a great and a good and a Christian manOf all the delusions wherewith he deceives morality, there is not any that puzzleth me more than the Legerdemain of ChangelingsThus God beholds all things, Who contemplates as fully His works in their Epitome, as in their full volume; and beheld as amply the whole world in that little compendium of the sixth day, as in the scattered and dilated pieces of those five beforeThe Esoteric Connections Sir Thomas Browne And the eloquence and splendour of this wonderful piece is as arresting to the student of style as its immense information is to the scholar and the antiquarian

They may be modified and printed and given away--you may do practically ANYTHING with public domain eBooksThat which is the cause of my Election, I hold to be the cause of my Salvation, which was the mercy and beneplacit135 of God, before I was, or the foundation of the WorldBut, that being admitted and accepted, which must be admitted and accepted in the interests of the truth; this also must still more be proclaimed, admitted, and accepted, that when he comes to God, and to Holy Scripture, and to prayer, and to immortality, Sir Thomas Browne is a very prince of believersThe Mayor, however, declined the honour and proposed the name of Browne insteadBiography The son of a silk merchant from Upton, Cheshire, he was born in the parish of St Michael, Cheapside, in London on October 19, 1605Thus, having perused the Archidoxis45 and read the secret Sympathies of things, he would disswade my belief from the miracle of the Brazen Serpent, make me conceit that Image worked by Sympathy, and was but an Aegyptian trick to cure their Diseases without a miracleTo learn more about the Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation and how your efforts and donations can help, see Sections 3 and 4 and the Foundation web page at Section 3Those that hold that all things are governed by Fortune, had not erred, had they not persisted38 thereI would gladly know how Moses with an actual fire calcined or burnt the Golden Calf unto powder: for that mystical metal of Gold, whose solary124 and celestial nature I admire, exposed unto the violence of fire, grows onely hot, and liquifies, but consumeth not; so, when the consumable and volatile pieces of our bodies shall be refined into a more impregnable and fixed temper like Gold, though they suffer from the action of flames, they shall never perish, but lye immortal in the arms of fire 5d8a9798ff

Muerte en los Trópicos (Spanish Edition)Logística Lean Six Sigma: Um estudo de caso em uma organização de aços (Portuguese Edition)The Scarecrow of Oz (Oz Series Book 9)Defending Beef: The Case for Sustainable Meat Production Nicolette Hahn NimanThe holy war made by King Shaddai upon DiabolusWhat Did Jesus Do?: Some Theological ReflectionsBirthday Wishes for Gracelyn: Personalized Book with Birthday Wishes for Kids (Personalized Books, Birthday Poems for Kids, Birthday Gifts, Gifts for Kids)Time: Full Stop of Question Mark?Save America: Lives Are at StakeBirthday Wishes for Anne: Personalized Book with Birthday Wishes for Kids (Birthday Poems for Kids, Personalized Books, Birthday Gifts, Gifts for Kids, Anne)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 19:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Neko's world Index du Forum -> Le centre ville -> L'Hopital Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation